Sunday, July 26, 2009

HAPPY FLOWER FAMILY

It took me a long time to find the good in gardening. To mother flowers because I birthed a seed in soil? What a deal that is, for minimal responsibility and care. Pinching off buds, watering, tending to sunshine requirements, not hard, not difficult. These flowers are my kin, my sprouts, my happy flower family. Because I am familiar with each bud, observing the daily growth and maturation, I also photograph the aging process.
It's really curious and sensational.



Stunning little bud!


Sneakin' around, sneakin' around...









Do you see the chorus line of fancy dancing geese? Or am I alone in this?





Great Grandma balloon flower!





Breathtaking...







Candy cane zinnia! Ker-Pow!

Show Peony!

White Dianthus is a rare find. As far as I know, its the only dianthus that is fragrant. An alternate name could be "crazy hair day."











Decay is beautiful too.





This is babie Bruno, a South African flower seed that sprouted miraculously and now has several children. Bruno surprised me at age one, when he not only bloomed, but, a few months later, he grew some beans. I'm not joking.

This ant became start struck and would not leave the scene....

I met this sassy flower in Chicago at Michael's garden apartment.















I wish you could smell the leaves of this flower. A sweet minty scent, very unusual.

Welcome to my garden white balloon flower!

Gerbra Daisies have a complex button, have a closer look some time.



These regal iris were transplanted from Sue Geracie's garden. They remind me of slender horse hoofs.

-Cherrie Hanson Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment