Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Monarch of my Glen

On one of the most beautiful days this summer, I discovered a Monarch butterfly in my garden.


After an hour of chasing her, she relaxed and let me investigate.


Once she realized that I was harmless, she showed me her best angles.


She looked stunning on the green and orange flowers.



Monarchs fly a great distance; their arrival is exciting and special.




She's a flower fairie.



Marye Beth Dugan says you should always wear polka dots if you want to appear friendly.



Flapping her wings between gulps.



The plump polka dot part of her body is actually fluffy and soft.



Her wings reminded me of stained glass.



Nectar coma.


Check out her straw - Zinnias must be tasty!



My garden hosts guests from all over the world.



The Monarch of my Glen.


No comments:

Post a Comment